...

Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off Review

Recently I've been getting really into skincare products due to where I'm working at (keeping it low key) as well as wanting to get better complexion since it wasn't really good from the beginning.
I would just search for popular or hyped skincare products and I found this one mentioned so many times whenever I search for exfoliating products!

So here are my thoughts after trying this product, Black Sugar Wash Off Mask by Skinfood!



The Skinfood Black Sugar Wash Off Mask is enriched with minerals and vitamins that effectively exfoliates dead skin while revitalizing skin. One of Skinfood's star products, this exfoliating scrub smells heavenly of brown sugar and leaves your skin feeling porcelain smooth and soft.

The sugar grains make for an excellent manual exfoliator and dissolve slowly as you massage it gently on your face, so as to not cause too much damage from over exfoliating. The hydrating formula moisturizes your face as it sets, so upon rinsing off your skin is totally glowing and baby-soft.

It also helps to clean your pores, reducing your whiteheads and blackheads.




INGREDIENTS:
Sucrose, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Clycerin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Macademia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Lanolin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Laurate, Butylparaben, BHT, Caramel, Parfum


It is a really thick texture and consistency that softens as you scoop it out from the tub.
Once you open the tub, you can really smell the strong scent of brown sugar which smells really yummy to me LOL.
*Don't taste it please. Got some into my mouth and it was super bitter so don't haha

Sadly, it does not come with a spatula for you to scoop the mask which might be a little unhygienic.


DIRECTION OF USE:
After washing, apply desired amount onto face, avoiding eye and mouth areas.
Mix with water or toner to reduce skin irritation, and massage.
Wait 10 to 15 minutes, and then wash off with warm water.



It feels a little rough at first since after all, you are scrubbing with brown sugar grains.
But after awhile, it feels less rough due to the sugar melting as you scrub so store this away from places with heat or it might melt off your scrub mask.
I like to start on problem areas such as forehead, nose and chin where they are more prone to pore clogging and accumulation of dead skin before moving on to the rest of the face where the grains are not as rough after.

I then leave it on my face for around 10 minutes as I wash other parts of my body. Yes, I normally do it during my shower so that it'll be less of a hassle to clean everything up after and I only use it for once or twice a week depending on how much make up I put on.


FINAL THOUGHTS:
It does leave my skin feeling more clean and smooth after scrubbing away all of the dead skin and blackheads. Are my blackheads reduced or gone? Maybe reduced by a little but not very noticeable around the nose area. I use this mainly for exfoliation for smoother skin whenever I feel that my skin is "less-clean".
It does make my face look more glowy and a little brighter but of course, it is only a temporary effect.
As for the hydrating factor, not really to be honest.  My skin does feel a little dry after so I'll always smack on my toner and essence after.
As for the smell, it is overpowering but I am still okay with it. Might not apply for people who do not like strong scent or have very sensitive skin.
I personally like this type of exfoliator but if you're going for a soft exfoliation then this will definitely not be for you.


WILL I BUY IT AGAIN?
Honestly, I'm still looking for a good face exfoliator that helps to brighten up my dull looking face but this only gave me a little (almost barely) of skin brightening. I do like the exfoliation though! So I might re-purchase this until I find a better alternative.

I also bought the other mask from Skinfood which is the Skinfood Rice Washoff Mask! Hopefully I might like that product after trying and talk about it hehe.


That's it for this post!
Thank you for reading~
SHARE:
Next Post... Previous Post... Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2016 MOCHAMORI ♡| Pipdig